Garmin-Asus™ M20 FAQs
Looking for more information about Garmin-Asus? Please review our frequently asked questions below and sign up for email alerts to receive launch details.
- Microsoft My Phone Service Shutdown
Microsoft is discontinuing the Microsoft My Phone service for Windows Mobile 6.x. The following article provides a timeline for the service shutdown and guidance for users regarding their data stored to the My Phone service
- On August 7, 2011, the Microsoft My Phone service will stop synchronizing data between My Phone-configured Windows Mobile 6.x phones and the My Phone service: User data will stop being backed up to the My Phone service. On this date, Microsoft will begin automatic migration of certain data types from the My Phone service to Windows Live SkyDrive.
- On October 6, 2011, the My Phone website will no longer be available. On this date, users will no longer be able to access the data stored from their Windows Mobile 6.x phones to the My Phone service.
Schedule summary:Shutdown MilestoneDateMy Phone backup stopsAugust 7, 2011My Phone website closesOctober 6, 2011
- Affected garmin-asus model
- How to Save Video, Music, and Document Files from My Phone to your PC
**This information applies to Windows Internet Explorer 9.**
- Open Internet Explorer and logon to the My Phone service at http://www.microsoft.com/myphone using the Windows Live ID you used to register for the My Phone service.
- Browse to the file you want to save.
Important note: Current files are accessible under the 'Phone' navigation option. Any archived files are accessible under the 'Archive' navigation option.
- Left-click on the file you want to save.
- In the File Download dialog box, select Save > Save As.
- Browse to the folder on your PC where you want to save the file, and then click Save.
** More detailed information is in the link below
(Microsoft official website)
- How can I acquire satellite signals?
- Press the key, and then tap Settings > Navigation > GPS > GPS Status > . Make sure GPS is enabled.
- Make sure the GPS has enough time to initialize. When the GPS is turned on for the first time, it may take a few minutes to initialize.
- If you have traveled more than 600 miles with the GPS receiver turned off, set your location on the map: Press the key, and then tap Settings > Navigation > GPS > GPS Status > > Set Location.
- How do I check the map version?
- Press the key, and tap Tools > Manage My Data > Map Sets. Tap a map to view the version.
- How do I check the software version?
- Press the key, and tap Settings > System > System Information. Use the slider menu to view the device information and version.
- How to do I back up and restore files?
- Press the key. Tap Backup > Backup or Restore, select files, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Why can’t I place a phone call?
- The call function may have been suspended because of low battery power. In low battery situations, you might be asked to turn off the call functions. You can still navigate in these situations (PND mode).
- Why won’t my device turn on?
- Charge the battery. See page 4.
- Replace the battery. See the owner’s manual.
- Why won’t my device charge?
- Replace the fuse in the vehicle power cable. See the owner’s manual.
- As a safety precaution in high temperature environments, the device will suspend charging and use battery power. If the device is mounted in a vehicle, remove the device from the mount and place it out of direct sunlight.
- How can I avoid deleting the map file?
- In Mass storage mode, do not delete or format the original directories, such as Garmin and Documents. Do not delete files for which you do not know the purpose.